Recipe courtesy of www.KosherLikeMe.com
- 3 tablespoons (1 oz) chopped candied orange peel *
- 3/4 cup (2.8 oz or 78 g) any flavor of Matzolah, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c (1.5 oz or 40 g) dried cranberries
- 12 oz finely chopped chocolate or good quality chocolate chip
- Combine the orange peel, Matzolah, and cranberries in a small bowl and mix well.
- Transfer a third of the mixture into another small bowl and set both bowls aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and tape the parchment down to the cookie sheet.
- Place eight ounces of the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on 50% power for 90 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate then heat it at 50% power for another 30 seconds. Repeat one more time. If the chocolate is not completely melted continue to microwave it at 50% in 15 second increments until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Add the remaining four ounces of chocolate and stir until it is fully melted. This may take several minutes.
- Stir the larger bowl of the mix-ins into the melted chocolate.
- Scrape the chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and use a spatula to spread it as thin as possible.
- Take the small bowl of add-ins and sprinkle it evenly over the top of the melted chocolate. Press down gently so that the toppings stick to the chocolate once it hardens.
- Let the chocolate bark harden at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- If it still seems soft place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Break the bark into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- * If candied peel not available for Passover, make your own, or substitute chocolate covered candied orange peel.