- 4 large pears
- 1/4 cup apple or orange juice
- 1 cup Matzolah
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch or two of salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice the pears and place them in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the juice and set aside.
- Toss the Matzolah, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the butter in chunks and work into the Matzolah mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the pears.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Submitted by Ronnie Fein. Visit Ronnie Fein Blog Post